Search and find a low EMF House
Most of us move to a new house once in few year. During the search most people take into account different subjects like population density, noise, building quality, number of neighbors, near by schools, near by services, near by roads, public transportation, the nature of the neighborhood and many more parameters.
If you are aware of EMF health effect, or if you are an EHS person, it is only logical that you will take into consideration also the ELF and RF levels while searching for a new house.
It is important to emphasis that in many cases in which your current house have RF and ELF levels, we recommend first to tray and do every possible step in order to measure the EMF levels, find the cause , fix it or use EMF protection in order to block the EMF (mainly RF) from coming in to the current house. Searching for a new house is complicated. The move it self is expensive and inconvenience. Usually if you harry to leave your current house over EMF levels issues, without even trying to improve the EMF situation there, it is very likely that you run into similar issues, sooner or later in your new house.
Steps that will increase the change your new home will be low EMF
- Use local maps with cell tower location to check the proximity of cell phone towers to your new house.
- Use Google Street service to check it there is a line of sight from your new house to any cellphone tower , radio/TV active antenna, Airport, Seaports, Army bases, Power lines, Utility infrastructure and other possible sources or RF and ELF EMF.
- Use a Home Use EMF Meter to check the RF and ELF levels inside the new house and around it(in house appliances, neighbors, outside). Repeat the tests in different hours in the day and night and different days of the week (and weekend)
- Use Dirty Electricity meter to check the Dirty Electricity levels and to try to allocate the reasons and sources.
- Make sure that the Electric Utility meter is not wireless and does not emit high RF levels.
- Make sure that the water utility meter is not wireless. If it is wireless make sure that the radiation level emitted from it is not too bad and keep a safety distance from it (usually 2 meter will be OK to most people).
- Less people living in the neighborhood, less chance for more new cell phone towers in the near future.
- Less neighbors in the same building, less RF and ELF radiation coming from their equipment.
- As less as possible cell phone towers around.
- No direct view to cellphone towers = less RF coming from outside.
- As far as possible from radio/TV active antenna, Airport, Seaports, Army bases, Power lines, Utility infrastructure and other possible sources or RF and ELF EMF.
- As much as possible vegetation around the house (watch out for the fire hazard)
- As far as possible from power lines and electric voltage transformers.
- Check the EMF safety levels and our recommendations in the standards' page.
- If the RF levels are higher than 0.04 mW/m2, try to assess if and how much it will cost to use RF protection in order to bring the levels bellow this level.
- If there are high ELF levels from a power cabinet or the electricity infrastructure inside the house (and the electric mete), try to assess if and how much it will cost to use RF protection in order to bring the levels bellow this level.
Special notice to EHS people
lots of EHS people that contact me tells me that they what to find a new low EMF house. I always try to remind them that it is not so simple to find a low EMF house and it require to know the different types of EMF , to be able to measure most of the them , if not all, to know which levels are reasonable for you, to know when, where and how it is possible to use protection. There for I strongly suggest not to jump and pack your things before you mustered the list of abilities and knowledge listed above. I recommend to first try to adjust your house, to reduce the emission in it, to keep safety distance from ELF EMF source and to remove all RF emitting devices. if possible try to use EMF protection.If you still using a cell phone, consider reducing the use dramatically. Get and learn to use an EMF meter before you embark on the quest of finding a low EMF house.
- Prefer a privet/single house.
- Try to sleep over in the house before obligating.
- It is recommended that a CORNET meter will show in the house RF levels no larger than 0.0005 mW/m2 in RF mode.
- it is recommended that an ELF magnetic field meter will show in the house levels of bellow 2mG.
Please see more EMR reduction related info on this site
All rights reserved
No Radiation For You" (c) 1/1/2010"