Q&A‎ > ‎

We live 70 meters from a cell antenna cluster, how to protect?

posted Aug 19, 2014, 4:08 PM by Amir Borenstein, No Rad
Q - Hi, My wife is EHS, we live 70 meters from a 10 cell cluster on the top of a low (3 story) building. We have measured activity with the accoustimeter and had readings that pulse off the top of the scale sometimes, but are OK at others.

I was wondering about the use of a shielding fabric (as a sleeping bag cover as a start) would be likely sufficient to provide relief. My wife wakes about 3 am every night and talks of the towers "streaming" so she feels "zapped" (her words) and is very sleep deprived.

We have considered moving but would like to defend until we can move. Any suggestions to help this would be most appreciated.

What is a way to "try" a small bit to see what likely works as there is a lot of stuff you can try and find it doesn't (wasting time and money).

Finally, what a great site and resource, you have done a tremendous job and are doing a great service. I salute you.

A - 
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you are living next to a cell cluster and that your wife suffers from EHS.
Thanks for the nice words about my site. Please let me know if I can use your nice words on this page on my site - http://www.norad4u.com/home/thank-you-letters

I recommend on using your accoustimeter  to measure the house and search for RF penetration points.
Most probably the windows will allow most of the RF radiation in and they should be the first step of protection.

RF protection:
RF protection should be done in layers, from the outside in.
The second principle would be to move from cheap to the more expensive protection.
You can install RF protection windows' film on the windows, or use curtains from RF blocking net fabric. Curtains can be moved also to your new apartment.
After you manage to reduce the RF levels in side the apartment using windows' protection (measure the RF levels in side the apartment to verify this) you can try Canopies from RF blocking fabric.
The canopy might help even if you don't use RF protection on the windows, but it is more logical to first block the RF from coming into your house.
If the walls also let the RF in, you need to consider also using wall protection (RF blocking paint for external walls, and wallpapers for internal walls). 
A sleeping bag from RF blocking fabric might also work, but again, it is more logical to protect the windows first, if possible.
On the other hand a sleeping bag might be cheaper than windows protection or a canopy.
Some people also use the SHEILDON 240 fabric as a blanket - http://www.4ehsbyehs.com/rf-blocking-fabrics/shieldon-240.  A piece pf 1.5X2meters should be enough for a single blanket.
I also use a Hat with RF blocking fabric in side the house to protect myself from RF that menage to penetrate the RF protection I have.
In addition you can order Mylar materiel as a temp RF blocking materiel for the windows, please see - http://www.norad4u.com/buy-emf-products/emergencymylarthermalblanketspackof10
You can find it also on ebay.

When using RF protection, go from the outside in and from the cheap to the more expensive.
Please note that for EHS people even a very law level of EMF is too much.


antenna cluster