Q - The smart meter installed on one of the walls of my bedroom makes it impossible to sleep, what should I do?
A - This happens to so many people. I suggest doing the next few steps:
- Until you solve the issue, please sleep in a different room as far as possible from the smart meter.
- Check about the "Option Out" program with your local electricity company.
- Use an RF & ELF meter to measure the RF and ELF and levels caused by the smart meters in the rooms of the house and on the wall it is installed on or next to. Find the "Hot Spots".
- Remove the bed and working desk as far as possible from the smart meter.
- Use RF protection to reduce the RF entering your house. Apply the RF protection all over the wall the smart meter is installed on. Sometimes it is needed to protect also other walls or the ceiling.
- Use ELF protection to reduce the ELF entering your house. See also "How to protect my kid's bedroom from an electric meter?"
- Repeat step #3(RF & ELF measuring) and see if the protection is working and if you managed to reduce the RF and ELF penetration to your house. If needed improve the protection buy changing it or putting a second layer.
- In case that you still feel the RF transmission consider using RF blocking fabrics (like the SHIELDON240) as a blanket or RF blocking canopies.