Q - Hi "NoRad"
I'm interested in your view of CRT TV sets. Is the radiation from those, compare to a LCD display, worse?
I've read of people that don´t feel bad from CRT but do feel from LCD, even though the CRT naturally uses higher power.
Do you have any experience in this?
A - Hello
Yes, CRT have much more ELF magnetic and electric fields than LCD display.
In addition you can even find LCD/LED displays with external power supply, making the ELF emission even lower.
Some people might be OK with CRT (from some distance) but feel bad from LCD or LED display because of one of the following reasons:
1. Blue light emitted from the screen (fix - change the color scheme so there will be less blue light).
2. Mid frequency EMF emitted from the screen (fix - use a LCD/LED screen protection).
3. RF radiation emitted from the screen in case it is wireless (fix - test before buy, make sure your screen is not wireless, or find a way to turn off the wireless functions).
4. Dirty Electricity created by the screen (fix - use DR filters)
5. Light flicker (fix set brightness to 100% in LED screen)
I hope this cover all.
All the best