The first years.
The first time I felt that something is wrong with me was when I was 23, at around 1997. It happened when I asked one of my friends to use his mobile phone in order to make a short call. After 2 minutes of conversation I began to feel pain in the upper right side of my head. After that phone call, which ended very quickly, I decided not to buy a mobile phone for the time being, and I managed to pass several years without paying more attention to this issue.
A few years later, when I bought my first mobile phone I felt it again. In those days I did not know that this is a widely spread phenomena (about 10% of the people are EHS and only 2-3 % know about it!), and that other people feel the pain the same way as I do. I assumed that there is something wrong with me, but I managed to avoid the problem and reduce the pain by making only short calls and always using a wired headset.
At that time I did not use or own a home wireless phone so I assumed the problem I have is limited to Mobile phones and mobile phones only.
Becoming a "full time" EHS.
The problem was under control until I was 32 (around 2005) when the following series of changes and events took place:
- I moved to a new apartment that was opposite to a Mobile phone mast and had a direct view to it.
- In my new apartment the living room and the bedroom shared a wall, on one side of the wall I placed my bed, and without knowing the consequences, on the other side of the wall I placed a CRT-TV and the large fish aquarium filter.
- At work, the lab I was responsible for moved to a new room. The lab's main electricity cabinet was located very close to the working station. Later on I found out that this electricity cabinet emitted large levels of low frequency magnetic radiation.
- At work, a new WiFi router was installed above the lab I was responsible for, and I was spending most of the working day beneath it.
- At work, one of my team mates used to have long conversations on her mobile phone, sometimes for more than 30 minutes, most of the time sitting just next to me.
- Introduction of third generation mobile phones in Israel was on it's way, that meant more data being transmitted and more masts ( 2000 masts in 2003 nation wide to about 30000 masts in 2007).
My "dark age" started with more and more frequent headaches, which eventually were combined into one long, non stopping, headache which lasted for more than 18 months!!!
After several months I understood that this headache is not going to go away by it's own and that I have to start doing something about it in order for me to get better.
I started to read all kinds of web pages on the internet and was shocked of what I saw.
Gathering knowledge and undergoing medical tests.
The symptoms I had were the same as the symptoms that I had read about on the web pages. I was amazed that there is so much information on the web about headaches and that so many people suffer from headaches in their daily lives (males - ~10%, females - ~25%).
Some of the webpages introduced all kinds of drugs or devices to ease the pain. Some talked about the possible cause of the pain. Some of the web pages that dealt with the causes named EMF (RF radiation) as a possible cause.
This new information was aligned with my past experience with mobile phone radiation. I knew from my experience, that mobile phones cause me headaches after a short use. I thought that maybe mobile phones and RF radiation in general are the reason for my long headaches as well. Some of the web pages talked about a new disease which is called "Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome" or EHS for short.
Taking control of my problem.
After my medical tests and their outcomes, I understood that I have to take responsibility of my own life, I understood that the pain I am experiencing is not caused by something that will appear in a X-ray scan. I started trying out everything that might help.
- I turned my mobile phone off for good (using it only for extreme emergencies).
- I tried to keep some distance from other mobile phone users while they were having conversations with it.
- I went to see the kinesiology master, who sold me lots of vitamins and nutrition additives (I took them all, my memory and brain power was improved but the pain was still there).
- I bought some of the Qlink devices (I still use it today, some small improvement).
- I bought and read a book about cellular radiation and EMF, and then contacted the author (I am still communicating with her, she helped greatly).
- I bought a High frequency EMF meter (that was one of the most important steps).
- I started to measure all my surrounding areas at home and at work and to avoid mobile phone and RF radiation exposure as much as possible.
- I bought a Low frequency radiation meter. I did not expect for this meter to have such a big influence over my life. It showed me all the low frequency radiation sources in my house and work place.
- I moved, removed, and handled all the low frequency radiation sources in my house (which really helped).
- I installed high frequency filters on the windows of my house (which really helped).
- I started seeing an IPEC (Integrated Physical Emotional Clearing)coach who helped me deal with the mental side and aspects of the sickness.
- I made my self a spacial radiation protection hat with a cloth that blocks electromagnetic radiation.
Today I think steps # 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10 and 12 were the most effective steps. Today, after taking those measures I can report that when I am not working I have only one or two headaches a week, when I am working I have several each day but most of them are moderate and don't last for long, nothing like the headaches and symptoms I used to have in the past before taking those "caution" measures. Once in a while I get exposed and suffer from a headache right away, and once every several days I come back home exhausted from a log day of exposure to low levels of electromagnetic radiation.
Temporary deterioration (10-12/2010)
In the last year (2010) the company that I work for moved to temporary offices. The offices were very crowded and the levels of RF EMF/EMR(Electromagnetic Fields/Electromagnetic Radiation) were very high, due to the use of cell phones, smart phones, and the bad deployment of WIFI routers. According to the first allocation of working stations I was positioned to sit under a WiFi router. I asked to move away and I was given a table next to the manager's office. In this office there were 3 young ladies who did not stop talking on their blackberry phones. In addition I found it very hard to sit in the meeting rooms, in which there were usually lots of RF radiation, both from the wireless laptops and Smartphone users. My health deteriorated and all my medical records went down (as evident in medical tests). Every day, I came home exhausted, and needed a few hours of rest or sleep to get it all back together, only to come back to the same horrible environment the next morning. Today I can say that if I had to go through it again I would probably quit my job.
In the new offices of the company which I work for, I am sharing a room on the gallery floor, with 6 cell phone users. Most of them are using 3G cell phones, 2 are using GSM phones (2G phones, which I am more sensitive to), one of which is a blackberry (these are the worst). The wood floor is covered with metal plates to prevent fire from spreading, and it also blocks all the RF EMF/EMR coming from the kitchen below us. When one of the guys receive a cell phone call I try to escape ASAP. I have RF meters on my table, and that gives me a head start by showing me the RF radiation emitted from the phones, before the call is received. I still have problems attending meetings since most people use their smart phones during the meetings to pass the time. In most of the time the RF and ELF levels around me are low. In most days I feel OK, I have several small headaches every day, but usually nothing too bad.
After 15 years in the field of software quality engineering and testing, from with more than four years in my last position I had to leave the field. In recent years I suffered on daily basis from the RF and ELF radiation at the high-tech working environment. And yet the need to earn a living overcame the constant pain and physiological difficulty. In the last few months the suffering and pain increased and there were more and more bad days in which I felt relay bad. My general medical condition deteriorated because of the RF and ELF reach work environment. Now that I had to leave my job, finding a new job in High Tech environment which is reach in cellphones and wireless equipment looks impossible. I now open a new page and hope to spend more of my time in activities that are related to activism and awareness to radiation health risk and EHS. It seems that my EHS condition have taken a high price from me, not only in my health, but also made me stop working in the field that I studied, developed (I was one of the first in the country to be a QA engineer), was good at it and loved it.
| me during an headache
|| RF EMF/EMR in the house from a mobile phone mast more then 1 Km away
|| The TV, fish tank filter were on the other side of the same wall as my bed.
| The trifield meter and a low frequency radiation source
|| The COM meter and radiation from a mobile phone mast
|| No radiation after installing a high frequency filters on the main window in may living room.
More about EHS on this site:
All rights reserved
No Radiation For You" (c) 1/1/2010"
please contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org